Tuesday 28 May 2013

Love or Loathe: Nicole Richie Met Ball Look- Punk Inspired

 The met ball this year was punk inspired. Many celebrities were able to show their interpretation on punk and some really stood out.



Rii: This look is an odd one for me. I get the look and I understand why and where she may have gotten the inspiration from. Having said that when I first saw this look I loathed it I thought it was just a bit unnecessary with the white hair. However the more I look at it the more it grows on me but that's not saying this is a love. The dress is a yes for me I absolutely love embroidery and the silhouette. The hair just looks bristle and dry. If Richie had the hair long in a simple plait or side swept it would have had a more punk elegance to her style. The simple make up complements the style and allows the hair to be the feature and I admire the simplicity of it.

Melissa: At first glance, my initial thoughts were "Oh sweet baby Jesus, your hair", and it is quite eye catching and a little scary. On the other hand, the dress is beautiful, the detailing and the silhouette is just something that we would put on top of the love list. Hell we could even make a new trend and call it "Elegant Punk" but the more you think about it... she reminds me of Storm from the X-Men series, that's kind of cool right? As a whole, I'm on the fence here, I love the outfit, I'm just not sure about the hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment