Saturday 10 November 2012

D.I.Y: Bye-Bye Acne Honey and Oatmeal face mask.

Here's a little secret for stress free, smooth skin. Instead of raiding your local LUSH shop for organic facial masks, why not do it at home? There are so many home remedies you can use for stopping redness, spots, dehydrated skin, why not take advantage of it? 

I've always used the combination of honey and oatmeal because my skin was prone to rashes and redness as well as annoying spots on my forehead. Honey is an excellent moisturiser and it also contains anti-bacterial properties. I either use oatmeal as it exfoliates as well as calms and soothes my skin. Alternatively you can use a bit of cinammon to exfoliate and dry out acne, however I realised that my skin becomes plump and firm  as if I just had botox because it brings blood and oxygen to the surface of the skin. 

So lets begin! 
First tie up your hair because the most annoying thing to happen is have oats stuck on your hair.
Prior to beautyfying, you should place a warm cloth to your face to open up your pores and to allow the honey to penetrate the skin further.
You'll need some honey and a handful of oats.
I use manuka honey as it is known for its anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties. Also because I got it for a penny at the Holland & Barrett sale..
So squish your handful of oats really tightly and pass over warm water.
Drain all the liquid out of the oats and add to a bowl with a teaspoon of honey.
Mix until it into a paste consistency 
And apply all over the face.
Leave on for ten minutes and rinse with cold water to close up the pores.

And you're done!

I would say that the pros of using this face mask is it's really easy to make and it can be done in a flash. The only con would be how extremely messy it is, also because it smells so delicious, I'm tempted to stick out my tongue and eat it but no, I have to resist! One thing I can assure you, after two months of using this every week, your acne should clear up~








No comments:

Post a Comment