Saturday 30 March 2013

Rimmel Haul!

Happy Easter everyone! Here's a little treat for you beautiful people, I got my hands on the latest Rimmel treats: Lash Accelerator Mascara, Apocalips Lip Lacquer and Wake Me Up Foundation!


I have to say this has been my favourite Rimmel haul in a while. Reviews are down below:

First off APOCALIPS!
I actually love this soo much. I think I might get a few more shades because this is a fairly subtle shade, maybe next time I'll buy one that makes my lips pop. The shade I am currently wearing is "Celestial". I must admit I wasn't too excited when I heard about this but after reading a few reviews I had to get my hands on it. The colours in the range aren't for the faint hearted but they really do make your lips look out of this world! The finish is very nice as well and lasts for quite a while. Do put a lip balm first or else it will look flaky and unattractive. 



Now to the Lash Accelerator!
Rimmel's Scandaleyes slightly disappointed me so I was a bit on edge when choosing between another Apocalips colour or to try out Rimmel's new mascara. I have to say that I do like this mascara. It's probably one of those that I will use on a day to day basis because as a friend said, it looked very natural and does what it says on the tin, lengthen my lashes. 

 From left to right: Without mascara, with mascara front view and with mascara side view.

And finally, Wake Me Up foundation!
I have a confession to make... this is the first time I've ever bought or used a foundation, so I'm a noob when it comes to foundation ok. As a BB cream addict, my mother thought this foundation would be a great start. It's light, easy to apply (though I wish it was packaged with a pump, it has a sort of stick that picks up the foundation) and the finish isn't too bad and leaves my skin looking dewy (yay).
I have fairly dry skin and what I like about this is that it keeps my skin feeling moisturised without making my skin oily. Again, I think I'll be using this quite often.

UPDATE: Turns out there is a pump on the Wake Me Up foundation bottle... I just broke it when I first opened it ;-;
Left: No makeup              Right: With makeup

 Thanks for stopping by!
M





No comments:

Post a Comment