Wednesday 15 August 2012

Back to School: Our Top 5 Bags

School is coming up round the corner and this term, snap up a bag with practicality AND style.
Here are our top 5 picks:

Tabitha Stud & Skull Embossed Bag, boohoo.com (£30)

Melissa: I sooooo want this bag for the upcoming term. What's great is that the skull pattern is never out of date. Another thing I love is that the straps are detachable so it can be a cross-body bag, a backpack or just pretty satchel. 3-looks-in-1 sorted. Another bonus is the scarf that comes with it, score. In terms of practicality I would give this a 5/5 because I like my bags with lots of compartments and zips since my school skirt doesn't have pockets, it also won't get dirty easily due to the external fabric.

Rianna: I'm in love with this bag for school for 2 reasons. One is the size, it has become increasingly popular that people will get bags that are too small for there books just to have a fashion savy bag. But the size of this bag leaves plenty of room for the books and the paper and the pens and the planner and the useless news letters home. Secondly the design. The embossed skull is such a cool way to add some punk in to you uniform especially if you have some many limitations on the uniform like Melissa and I do. This bag is totally a 5/5.
River Island Beige Mix Fabric Tote Bag £45.00

Rianna: Now this bag is simple yet fashion forward. The alligator print gives it an edge. It is everything about less is more and that's what makes it perfect for school. We all have one teacher that wants to state their opinion or that is overly strict on what colours are allowed and this bag will give you the upper hand. Not only will they have nothing to say but this bag will go well with any uniform. And if this bag could be even more perfect it has a strap giving it a 2 in 1 look. This bag is a 5/5 for me.

Melissa: I'm more of a backpack person, but I really like this, it's simple, elegant, and will not be sitting at my teacher's office looking sad and unused like Rianna said. However it's just not my style 4/5
Hello Kitty Print Handbag, Artbox (£34)
Melissa: Bring on the kawaii (japanese for cute) this term with Hello Kitty as your arm candy! Despite its cuteness I just have to say that I'd hate this bag for not having any internal pockets. It does fit your books however and because it's Hello Kitty and its kawaii, I want it.

Rianna: This Hello Kitty bag is cute and it is a great size for school. The Little pocket at the front is really handy for placing your oyster card. Even though I find this cute I'm not that in to cartoons on my bag, I buy them but never use them. This is a 4/5 for me.

Yes Style, Fashion Lady, Faux Leather Back pack £19.80

Rianna: I love backpacks for school, especially when you have the days when you need to bring in all the heavy books. This bag is perfect for that. Not only is is simple and cute but it has a lot of pockets to place the little things like oyster card and that small tin of Vaseline. I rate this a 5/5 ^_^.
Melissa: Ah YesStyle, how I love thee and your vast bag catalogue. I get quite a lot of my bags from yesstyle because they are usually pretty cheap and chic. Also hurrah for pockets! Nice choice, Rianna ^_^
Batman Hobo Bag, Hot Topic ($19.50/£12.45)

Melissa: Our last choice is this Batman bag from Hot Topic. One of my pet peeves is the lack of Hot Topic  shops in the UK. Luckily, they do ship to the UK so I'm not that deprived of stuff from Hot Topic. Why did we choose this bag? Well...it has the Batman logo on it, of course we'll choose it. If you're also a fan of the caped crusader like us, this is a must.

Rianna: Anything that has Batman on it is a must for me. This bag will give the laid back vibe to people in school which is a good thing, you never want to look to stressed out at school. It bag is a must have for any one who is a fan of the masked vigilante. 5/5 all the way.   

No comments:

Post a Comment