Thursday 11 October 2012

Knitting and Stitching Show @ Alexandra Palace

So today I embarked on a journey without Rianna :'( and went along to the A-Level Textiles trip to Alexandra Palace for the Knitting and Stitching Show. Trust me it's not as lame as it sounds, despite the amount of old people roaming the whole place.








As well as a variety of threads and yarns and fabrics to buy, the show also showcased work by artists and graduates. I was in awe at how everything was made with a thread and needle.











Now my favourite stall in the whole show had to be this "Alice in Wonderland" inspired piece. The whole ensemble from the dress, to the setting was done in 16/18 months by Sue Walton and Ann Small. 


Yes, those are bones. Chicken bones in fact.



Here, Ann Small's wonderful, wonderful hat.





Sue Walton's work was a complete contrast to Ann's but both of their work was amaaaazing.





GEE I WISH I COULD MAKE A QUILT LIKE THAT.



Learnt how to make lace, oh yeah.


My proudest moment was learning how to knit with Shalom, after years of failing, I finally understood how to knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment