Tuesday 23 October 2012

Love or Loathe: Is Hyuna making you melt?

Hyuna or "That girl from Gangnam Style" has recently dropped her new mini-album "Melting" with the title track "Ice Cream". Check it out below:
The current K-Pop trend right now is bringing back the 90's, notable songs are "I'll be there" by Spica and "Wow" by BTOB, both songs bring a sense of nostalgia.

It also means it brought on odd fashion choices.

For today, Rii and I will talk about Hyuna's style in her most recent music video:

Melissa: I'm torn. I love Hyuna to bits but I was feeling a bit let down with her stylist's choices for this video. It was a hot mess. The clashing prints, the odd accessories, or maybe there was a hint with her "Bride to Be" sunglasses, I don't know. There was also the ensemble on the gif that I wasn't too sure on. I think her stylist should've stuck to her guns and stuck Hyuna in shorts or shorter dresses. The assymetrical hems and maxi skirts were not too hot for me. My favourite ensemble was the cute Chanel sweatshirt she wore from the 2001 collection. Despite that she still rocked those outfits with her confidence. 
Rianna: I kind of like her style in this video. She has mixed up the girly girl style with the bad boy one and for me it slyly works. Its a style that I haven seen explored and I think its a cool one to do. There where some aspects that I didn't like in some outfits but that's minor. I really do love the contrast of maxi skits with snap backs and bright leather jackets with bandanna's. I think Hyuna hit the mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment