Sunday 21 October 2012

DIY: Acid Washed Jeans

A friend recently gave me his jeans to experiment on and after browsing Youtube I decided to give acid washing a try.The method I liked the best was spraying the jeans with bleach because you have some control of where the effect will show, also because I would just get paranoid about the jeans if I left it in a tub of bleach for hours.

So for this DIY you will need:
Water, A spray bottle filled with bleach, any denim item, preferably dark, and gloves, unless you want an uneven skin tone on your hands.

  • First make sure the jeans are nice and wet. This is so the bleach doesn't completely ruin your jeans and eats away at fabric.

  • Then hang the jeans outside so that you can evenly spray the jeans with bleach. Or unless you're like me then spray at random areas of the fabric like a maniac

  • I tried the effect on two different coloured jeans just because and the grey coloured jeans changed colour pretty quickly whilst the blue ones did not, so I left it outside for a little bit longer.

  • Afterwards I rinsed the grey jeans in cold water and stuck it in the dryer for a while.

  • I didn't really see any changes with the darker jeans so I just chucked it in the washing machine on the fast wash with cold water and prayed that the bleaching gods were on my side.

  • The blue jeans turned out pretty ok I guess, I think I might bleach them a little bit more later but at least I didn't overdo it the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment