Saturday 9 February 2013

LEAVE IT IN 2012!

So whilst on our journey to F.A.D this morning, Rianna and I compiled a list of our style pet peeves we've been seeing in the past year. 

Contrast Sleeve Jackets
I personally am not hating on contrast sleeve jackets, when they are done right. But this we cannot understand:
Now the khaki is already a strong colour, it is reminiscent of the army or fishing gear. The leather sleeves is also fine...but the marriage of the two? Not so fine. We have punky leather with combat khaki (or "cool" fisher khaki, your choice) its like you're indecisive. What are you?! A fisher or a biker?! AND THEN THERE'S GLITTER SLEEVES. Honestly, who thought that was a good idea? Please.

Example of a good contrast sleeve jacket, take note:

Fairisle Leggings
These should just burn in a ditch. Fine if you wear it as pyjamas or around the home...but why would you wear it outside?! Honestly. They look like trimmings on a Christmas card. Never mind that they are warm, it looks like Santa's elves puked on you. Its bad enough to have a cheesy Christmas sweater but you want that wrapped around your legs too?! 

Can we also say goodbye to aztec leggings. Did you say goodbye to them? Ok good.

I'll offer an alternative, tattoo tights. Again some can be wacky, some can be toned down but its a way to have some pattern without the pain. I even own a pair of machine gun tights. They are usually less than £2 on eBay, what are you waiting for?

Heel-less Heels
They look so unnatural and odd. Its like you want to be a two legged horse. Totally not saying you look like a horse, but those shoes practically look like you have hooves. Also you can't do that thing where you balance on your heels like a child. You could also injure yourself terribly or have a Lady Gaga moment:

Anything with moustaches
Do you really love moustaches that much? Do you really? Because I don't. I don't even know how this became a trend. Sure it was cute at first but if you really love moustaches, stop waxing your upper lip, put down the razor and grow that moustache out. Then we'll see how much you truly love that moustache.

UGGS AS SNOWBOOTS
Known for being really fluffy and comfy. I hope you all learnt your lesson in year 7 when you saw the snow and thought "hmm let me put my Ugg boots on, they'll keep me warm".
Let me tell you now, once wind, ice, snow or rain get on your overpriced slippers, I hope you have fun having amputated feet due to frostbite.
BUY YOURSELF PROPER SNOW BOOTS.
There's also an epidemic of men wearing Uggs
^ THAT SHIT IS UGLY.

Using Onesies Outside of Your Home
Friends. If I see you doing this unless it was pyjama day in school...I'll pretend not to know you.
Onesies are cute, when they are at home. Not when you are outside whilst everyone has made a decent effort into looking presentable. Even I have one and I look so fuckin' kawaii it melts my own heart but I don't walk outside my house to have Pokeballs thrown at me. 


So I hope you learnt a valuable lesson guys.
Leave it in 2012!

Thanks for stopping by!
M



No comments:

Post a Comment